IRD moving on from cheques
With the decline of cheque usage IRD will no longer accept cheques from customers commencing 1st March 2020.
This means in the future customers will have to choose from the payment methods below to pay your taxes:
- myIR: You can pay by direct debit and make debit card and credit card payments securely through your myIR online services.
- Online banking: You can make payments using your online internet banking.
- Credit or debit card via IRD website: Use your credit card or debit card to make online payments through IRD’s website: https://www.classic.ird.govt.nz/makepayment/
- In person at Westpac: Pay by EFTPOS or cash at a Westpac branch or Smart ATM.
- Money transfer: If you are overseas you can pay IRD by using a money transfer service, see IRD website: https://www.classic.ird.govt.nz/makepayment/overseas/from-overseas-index.html?id=2014PaymentIR
Start now to ensure you have the payment system you want in place and can ensure your payments are made on time and avoid any unwanted penalties or interest.
If you have queries or want to know more then please give us a call on 03 578 3386 or email us email@example.com – we can help.